6.28.2005

Honest to Pete, do you think this WORKS??

So, working through my stack of query letters today. As usual, there are a couple that are interesting and couple that are so weird as to make me fear for the fate of western civilization...and then there are these:

"It's also the setting of the serio-comic novel for which I am seeking
representation from a few select agents.."

ok...what the fuck is a serio-comic novel?
They forget to tell me that at agent school.

Is it like a serious novel that has some funny parts?
Is it a comic book that is about serio-type things?

And let's not overlook that smarmy "select agents" phrase. I'm sure you
worked hard selecting me...you picked all the agents who understood
what serio comic meant.

Please. Get a grip on your prose. Maybe if you grip hard enough I won't have
to worry about the fact you teach English at a place where people pay to attend.

2 comments:

ScaramoucheX said...

You're funny...
Are you really an agent? In America or Canada?
If so...will ya read my book?
It took me years to write - will ya take a look? It's based on a novel by a man named Lear...

Anonymous said...

serio-comic? My guess would be that the author doesn't whether his novel is serious or comical.