6.30.2005

Miss Snark retires to her fainting couch with a cold compress

This post at Media Angst makes me weep with frustration

Lauren Barat-Logsted

Not because they are not true.
Because they are.
Like every industry there are slacker agents.
I just wish they'd retire to a farm in Nova Scotia and
watch the salmon spawn.

And yet...for every story like this there are others, several
of which are mine, about authors who spent three years redrafting
manuscripts cause we loved the concept and wanted
the book to be good enough to sell.

Gotta admire her persistence and tenacity. As one of the comments
said, I'd have been hiring mercenaries too.

Thanks to Ron for the link.

5 comments:

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Thanks, Miss Snark. I do know there are decent agents out there and hopefully Six will be the charm for me. If not, there's always you... :)

Ami said...

Please, no!
Don't send them to Nova Scotia.
We don't need no stinkin' slacker agents here.

Thanks for the link.
xo
Ami

Incidental Pieces

JJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JJ said...

This worries me. Is it strange that my agent didn't ask for revisions?

Anonymous said...

Great story. I thought I was alone, and now I know I have company.