7.31.2005

Is It Crap...cover letters.

This week let's take a look at cover letters.
If you'd like to send yours to me, send it in the body of the email. Attachments require endless html reformatting.

In the email, you must tell me it's ok to publish it on the blog.

I'll leave out your name, your title, and anything that personally identifies you unless you say it's ok.

Email: misssnark@earthlink.net
all lower case, earthlink is very sensitive about cases.

I may not post all of them if the response is overwhelming.

3 comments:

ScaramoucheX said...

Listen, Snark,I have a page of prose I was going to send you to tear apart, and I realise that it is not well enough finshed. Damn! Do I have to send a query letter to see if I should submit that page? lol You teach well, and I learn well....don't submit until you feel it is complete, out of respect to the agent...why puke on people, after all? Do the thing right and then display your work. Thanks for that teaching!

ScaramoucheX said...

PS I'm working on a draft of the pseudo-query letter outlining the contents of my actual query letter...Borges would like this.

Teri Sandstedt said...

May I send a query for your Crap-o-meter even though I'm not in the US or looking for representation for this novel yet? I'm still trying to demystify the query letter and would love to hear your thoughts on it.