8.03.2005

Why You Are Not Wasting Your Time When You Read Blogs

I subscribe to the Writers Almanac daily email. It gets me in the mood to face the day. From today's email comes this:


Walter Kirn said, "My advice for aspiring writers is go to New York. And if you can't go to New York, go to the place that represents New York to you, where the standards for writing are high, there are other people who share your dreams, and where you can talk, talk, talk about your interests. Writing books begins in talking about it, like most human projects, and in being close to those who have already done what you propose to do."


When I first started the blog there was more than one raised eyebrow with "don't you have enough to do already/" kind of comment.

I'm sure you've probably said the same to yourself: "dang I should be reading/writing/grouting my teeth"

The blogosphere, both readers and writers therein, are a lovely way to talk about something we all love ...Me. ...oh wait, I meant to say books.

So, don't kick yourself for reading this, or any of the other great blogs out there.
You're just fueling the fires of passion.

And now, back to grouting my teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do get all fueled up reading this blog. When I just can't crank out another word, I check on Miss Snark and Publishers Lunch, and then I feel complete determination to put myself in that world where all this shit actually means something to hard-working, lit-loving people.

Sappy, I know. Sigh.

kitty said...

Interblogatory activities = online networking.