9.05.2005

Yay! It's Fall!

Time to get Back To Work!!
Hurray!
I've been emailing my clients to let them know their Snarklieness Quotient has just risen!
I've hauled out the date book, dusted it off, and called 16 people who owe me drinks!

I painted the blog! What do you think??

Things are going to get VERY busy here for awhile so the blog is going to be slower, and leaner.
If you have questions, EMAIL them. misssnark @ earthlink.net
I won't see it if it's buried in the comments till late late late at night.

If you're planning a trip to NYC this fall, remember the National Book Award finalists give a nearly free presentation the night before the awards. It's ALWAYS a fabulous event. This year it's 11/15
and if it is the same as last year it's held at the New School near Union Square. I'm sure I'll be yapping about this more as it gets closer.

If you're looking for a place to meet agents, the International Women's Writing Guild has a "meet the agents" panel coming up in the fall. About 10-15 agents give brief talks and then you get to meet them for about 90 seconds to pitch your work. It's not free, but it's a good use of resources.
Here's the link IWWG Writing Conference


Yay! Fall!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! It's pink!

The paint's still wet, so I won't write much, but it does look lovely.

And I wanted to wish you a productive, lucrative season!

Gina Black said...

I'm shocked! You've gone chick-lit pink. Who woulda thought.

Bernita said...

Grumble, grumble.
I liked the way it was before.
Now it looks like every other romance blog in the universe.
Grumble, grumble.

Inka Binka said...

The orange didn't do much for your complexion, but the pink reminds me of... Bazooka bubblegum. Kinda fitting.

Anonymous said...

i don't care about the color--the font used now is coming up dark grey (as well as being much smaller) so I agree, its toughter to read...but clearly less bulky, clunky, and more organized than before. if you can get the text to be darker, do it.
Nick Clooney, George Clooney--neither mean anything to me, thus the confusion. go ahead and keep to your anonymity, I can "live with it" as you so snarkily put it.
But I still love you anyway.

Miss Snark said...

If George Clooney means nothing to you, I'm sorry but your Snark-card is revoked and you are returned to "Snarkling hopeful" for probation. (Martha Stewart collection ankle bracelet optional) When you have rented the movies "Out of Sight" and "Three Kings" and "Oceans Eleven" and watched them all TWICE, then you can come back and be a Snarkling acolyte.

I mean really now.....standards are just dropping left and right.

Anonymous said...

sheesh, I don't remember this knowledge of Clooney requirememnt being announced when I applied for Snarkling membership! I must have missed something...look, I have a loose connection to Warren and Annette--will that make up for anything?

Brady Westwater said...

Ok. What have you done with the real MIss Stark?

Christine said...

What do you think of the IWWG, Miss Snark? I received an e-mail from their memebership department recently, but since I'm already a member of one professional writer's group (SCBWI) I wasn't so sure I want to fork over the bucks for another membership.

Miss Snark said...

Christine, I don't know about joining or what the membership fee is. I think you can attend the Big Apple Writing Conference without being a member. The conference info was what I thought would be helpful.

Miss Snark herself joins groups only if there is a strict "all meetings held in a bar or chocolate store" policy.