10.17.2005

Bitch slap!

I was wondering if you have any plans to turn the Crap-o-Meter on in the near future. I have a first page that is just begging to be bitch-slapped! Thanks!

I have fourteen unread novels sitting on my bookshelf right now. And not published ones that I want to read for fun. Fourteen actual people waiting for me to read their work. And after reading the comments log from people who waited a year to hear back when they submitted work to publishers, I'm reluctant to be in that slow poke group.

That's of course in addition to the revisions, re-reads and second novels I'm supposed to be doing for clients. I have four of those.

Realistically it will take me till the end of this year to clear out the stacks here.

This is not meant to elicit pity (unless accompanied by twenty dollar bills of course) but to explain why the Snarkometer is probably on the shelf till the Christmas break. I've had lots of queries about this, and it is fun to see the variety of work that slithers in the door, but realistically that's where we are.

10 comments:

Saundra Mitchell said...

Hey, I know! Why don't you pick a panel of random strangers off the street, have them read the manuscripts, and tell you which ones are good! It's my new system to streamline your business. We could call it... Snarkner. What do you think?

*shame* I couldn't help me.

Miss Snark said...

dang, there goes the keyboard AND the coffee out the nose!

Bernita said...

~giggling hysterically~
~spewed coffee on the dog~

Ric said...

Thanks, I really need a good laugh this morning.

Dave Kuzminski said...

ROFLMAO! OMG,IFO!

Rhonda Stapleton said...

hahahahaha - I'm cracking up. Go for it, Miss Snark!

occasional_anonymous said...

Saundra, you're baaaaaaad...

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Oh, Saundra...you are bad....geez, Louise...I was hoping we'd heard the end of that. There could be lurkers out there!

But it was really funny. I didn't know I could still shoot coffee out my nose....it seems to have cleared up the sinus problem!

Saundra Mitchell said...

I can hardly take the credit- he set it up, I just knocked it down. :) Glad I could share a laugh, though! This is what I was doing instead of working today!

Jan said...

Thanks for answering my email Miss Snark. Now I have some time to rewrite my first page so that maybe it won't get bitch-slapped too hard!
Thanks
Jan