11.30.2005

"Best of" Anthologies

Do you ever read The Best American Short Stories anthologies? What do you think about them?


Only when I have clients in the year's edition. This year, only an honorable mention in one of the genre ones...but better than a kick in the pants!

I think they're a great idea. A good way to get stories out to people who might not see them. I always look at where they were originally published so I can keep my list of "good places to have my fiction writers investigate" is current.

Of course, I'm deeply offended that I myself have not been selected for the Best of Snark volume.

3 comments:

Brady Westwater said...

Hmmm... another clue as to the true identity of the mistress of the Snark Cave...

Unless, of course, it is actually - in the best tradition of detective fiction - merely but a red herring meant to mislead.

Miss Snark said...

Good luck on the hunt.
Let me know when you've figured out that I'm really ...Larry Kirshbaum.

-Killer Yapp raises a sardonic eyebrow as Miss Snark falls out of her chair laughing-

someone paranoid said...

After that article in New York magazine, I'm convinved Miss Snark is behinid "wigs and glasses"...trust me, she hinted at it in a perious post.
-c