11.15.2005

Does she date the xerox salesman?

A Snarkling is wondering if it's gold embossed paper:

Hi Miss Snark - my prospective agent says she charges eight cents a page for photocopying or I can simply mail her the copies - which might actually be cheaper but would mean I'm paying her upfront charges. What do you think of this?

I think it's highway robbery.
Agents are hardly retail consumers of copying. Most of us either have our own machines (and count the repairman among our closest friends) or we have a sweetheart deal with a copy center.

Miss Snark is charged, and thus charges her clients, three cents a page. It's on 86 bright paper, and it works just fine.

2 comments:

emeraldcite said...

I love you!

Too bad a collective ethos is missing in publishing.

E. Dashwood said...

Miss Snark, I know you're from the green eyeshades, work-standing-at-your-desk retro school of publishing, but aren't copying costs becoming relics with the advent of electronic submissions? At least that's what I've been told.