11.03.2005

Furriners Want My Work!

Agent, who doesn’t usually rep my genre, expresses interest in my work. Not a concrete offer of representation, but a willingness to consider it. What to do? Disregarding the popular theory that any agent is better than none-is this in fact a good idea? I’d like to hear your thoughts on this issue.

One bridge at a time bucko. Send your work. You might not get an offer.

I'd also look at how long the agent has been in business. If this agent is new, s/he is actively looking for new areas and you could be the first to benefit from his/her energy.

But, first things first. Let the agent read it.

4 comments:

brainlesionssuck said...

You are cracking me up today.

Kathie at Housewifecafe.com

Nicholas Colt said...

I'm wondering why this author queried an agent who doesn't represent his/her genre in the first place.

Can you say "research?"

I knew you could...

Diana Peterfreund said...

Funny, I've always heard that phrased as "no agent is better than a bad agent."

SAND STORM said...

I'd also look at how long the agent has been in business. If this agent is new, s/he is actively looking for new areas and you could be the first to benefit from his/her energy.


Are you implying established agents are jaded?