12.26.2005

The Crapometer in Action

The crapometer survived the Christmas festivities and is now slouching away from the refrigerator and getting back to work.

Some of you will NOT see your work posted because you didn't read/follow/think I was serious about the directions. To wit: no attachments, no permission to post, incorrect word count. There are always a few I guess.

However, 106 synopsis are in the line up and after Miss Snark recovers from her nervous collapse upon realizing that, we'll get started.

I'm not taking any questions at all this week so if you don't mind holding them till next week that would be great. I normally pull questions out of the comment tails too but I'm not going to do that either. 106 synopsis is quite enough work for a week.

I'll email you when your synopsis goes up. I'm not going in chrono order.

Let the feast begin!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That you do this for no money and no other conceivable benefit to yourself (other than the hot date I have arranged for you with Mr. Clooney by way of a bribe) is a startling personal generosity. Thank you.

kathie said...

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us...

Jude Hardin said...

Just curious as to how you calculated word count. My synopsis reads 997 words on the software count, so I know I was pushing the envelope.

quanty p biederman said...

Well said, anonymous. My sentiments exactly.

Miss Snark said...

Word count will be calculated from my word processing program.

Min said...

Thank you for doing this! I really appreciate your feedback.

Anita said...

I'm new to your blog, Miss Snark, and just want to say "thanks" for doing the Crapometer. I'm finding it very, very educational and can't wait to read more.

M. G. Tarquini said...

I'm still flabbergasted you are doing this, Miss Snark. I've learned more reading the ones that have gone up than I have in all the time I've been trying to figure out how to do one of these things. Thanks so much.

Nora McCrea said...

There's nothing like seeing models of do like this/don't. I'm surprised how subtle the differences can be...some that worked to you seemed overly-plotted to me at first, but I see what you mean about the action being predicated from the premise and characters with no chapter 14 aliens. Of course, I write literary fiction mostly, so my plots usually have one twist, aka the resolution. Thanks for this, it's very useful.