12.23.2005

Crapometer postings UPDATED 2x

Synopses postings won't go up until the deadline is passed.
I need to see how many I get and how they distribute across the genre curve.
If we have 10000 fantasy and 1 crime novel, I'm going to do the crime novel first,
not last.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Question:
What's the possiblity that the Crap-o-meter will get a taste for blood again after it's first round of bone-knawing snarkism and come back for more after the 25th. I wanted to participate but don't want to be silly and write a synopsis in a day just so I can get something in that is likely to suck cause I rushed it. :)


Answer:
pretty much zero since there are 35 synopses in the line up as of noon Friday and we have two more days before the window slams shut.

Question:
Miss Snark, will the names of the Snarklings that submit be posted with their synopsis?


Answer: no, anonymous snarklings only.


--

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Snark: Where in the archives are the last Crapometer offerings?

I must see them before I considering sending my blessed synopsis out into the cold world of snarkisms.

Miss Snark said...

August and September. Postings have numbers on them I think.

Anonymous said...

OK, I found them.

Well, that wasn't so bad. I was planning on running out the door screaming, never to be seen again. But that wasn't necessary.

So, I'll play.

archer said...

Miss Snark, I'm holding synopsis on the launch pad. It's in PRESENT TENSE THIRD PERSON. The book is past tense third person.

Launch synopsis or abort?

Miss Snark said...

Launch. The tenses don't have to match.
Just avoid the subjunctive, if you would, please.

S. W. Vaughn said...

This comment isn't appropriate to this post, but it's all about the timing... happy holidays, Miss Snark, and may all your clients hit the bestseller list in aught-six and keep you swimming in gin.

Good luck wading through the synopses. :-)

Best,
-S

J.R. Turner said...

Thanks for the great X-mas gift Miss Snark!!

I had already sent in my synopsis, but I was curious and looked up the last time the Crapometer chomped its way through your blog and I'm sooooo excited to see what help you can offer me. In fact, I've got a reserve of chocolate just waiting for the chance to read your delicious snarkiness :)

Than you again! You ROCK!! *G*

Warmly,
Jenny:)

Bonnie Calhoun said...

This doesn't have a thing to do with our beloved Crap-o-meter.

As we approach the commemoration of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I want to wish ALL the Snarklings, and you Miss Snark...

A very Merry Christmas!!

God bless us all, everyone!

Brady Westwater said...

So present tense third person is... kosher... in a synopsis?

But is it also "normal" - or more of an exception?

Anonymous said...

From everything I've ever read, third person present is the standard, regardless of what person/tense the novel is written in.

Jo Bourne said...

Hi Brady -

My understanding is that third person, present tense, is the most common form of synopsis.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Since is is after sundown on December 25th, I like to wish all of my Jewish fellow snarklings, a Happy Hannukah...Shalom!