12.17.2005

pimp my font

What format do you like to see manuscripts come in with; Chicago or AP? Does it depend on the house you are submitting to?


Legible.
I don't ask people to follow a particular manual of style on queries, or submissions. Just industry basics like page numbers, easy to read fonts and double spacing. You'd think making it simple would mean everyone could do it but noooo.

Anyway, back to manuals of style. I don't ask for this and editors will read the same form I get BUT when we sell something, and deliver the final manuscript THEN out comes the list of what you have to do. Each publisher has their own requirements. They're spelled out in the contract.

1 comment:

Remodeling Repartee said...

Bless you, Miss Snark,

Thank you for answering that. I have never seen it addressed anywhere.

Have a pink weekend.