12.26.2005

That's it for today...Monday

Well, my eyes are crossing and I'm getting cranky so as a public service to everyone I'm going to unplug the crapometer.

Some of you are emailing questions. Stop. I'm deleting them.
I'm using my mail box to manage the count (I have 87 to go and I know this cause I have 87 emails left). Any incoming mail right now that isn't "Miss Snark you rock" or "Miss Snark sux raw apple juice" are deleted pretty much unread.

I'm now off to watch the rest of The Wire, Season One, with commentary. I'll tell you, you should watch that and take notes, and listen to every word David Simon says.

I'm also reading a bio of Raymond Chandler (who didn't start writing novels till he was 50..take heart you late bloomers). One of the ways he taught himself to write was by rewriting other people's work. I'll post some of the narrative about that later, if I don't forget. Hit me with a clue stick if you don't see it when the crapometer has run its course.

We're on track for finishing this by Sunday... barring the arrival of aliens of course.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Miss Snark, you rock!!

Candice Gilmer said...

I agree, I know I can't wait to see if mine pops up, but I'm already learning a bunch from reading these.

Thank you for doing this Miss Snark! :)

:::hands Miss Snark a large pail of gin::: I'm sure you'll need this before it's all said and done. ;)

ScaramoucheX said...

Saint Raymond, patron saint of procrastinators everywhere...had he not lived, I would have given in to television long ago...

Anonymous said...

I tried to sacrifice a goat to you but I got yelled at.

Bernita said...

Thank you, Dear One.
This whole thing is rich with golden advice.

SAND STORM said...

20 you pull the plug at 20? What a wuss! I would have figured 22...21 at the least. :)

Anonymous said...

Yow ... finally I understand what an agent is put through. Just skimming over the fruits of the crapometer has my eyes crossed and my brain dull.

My hat's off to you for being able to make sense of any of it after a single eight hour session!

Oh, and my regards to Killer Yapp, poor pooch, who has to avoid all the reams of q&s's you are compelled to bang against a wall ...

Thanks for the insight!

Cynthia

Bonnie Shimko said...

Thank God I slipped through without ever having to write a synopsis. I would have had a "wtf"bonnieshimko after the first sentence.

Jo Bourne said...

Thanks so much for all your work on our behalf, for the kind words, and for the snarky comments.

We'll write the next synopsis better.