Reticule contents: sunglasses, fold up gin pail, passport, emergency chocolate rations, George Clooney's cell phone number and a wallet stuffed with freshly laundered credit cards.
Telephone number for hotel, local bootlegger, and cabana boy reservations noted on passport.
Palmpilot, cellphone deactivated and stored!
Book bag packed; contents thereof:
1. Spy's Fate, Arnalod Correa (Akashic Books)
2. Envy the Rain, Jamie Boud, (The Known Universe)
3. Wrong Side of the Wall, Eric Stone, (Lyons Press)
4. Lunar Park, Bret Easton Ellis, (Knopf)
5. Anthropology of an American Girl, HT Hamann, (Vernacular)
and Faithless by Karin Slaughter, (Bantam) for the travel time when you really need something totally escapist!
I'll be back at the end of August!
We'll do some more "is it crap" stuff when I return so work on those query letters and first pages!