3.10.2006

Oh, Miss Snark is avoiding work today

Well, I thought this looked like fun, so I logged in and looked.

The beauty of this site is that it is NOT just people posting their own work but their faves from other stories. I've been meaning to read Gogol's The Overcoat, and presto here it is.

If you scroll down you'll find the link to "Fiasco" origianlly broadcast on This American Life.
This is, hands down, the funniest thing I have ever heard. I have it on CD and it's my emergency feel better CD. If you don't think this is funny, you need immediate therapy.




I found this at Susan Henderson's blog
Thanks Susan!

4 comments:

SherryD said...

Miss Snark, I'll bet you would enjoy (or already do?) Jeff VanderMeer's writing.

ilona said...

OMG, Gogol on the web. :dies of happy:

dink said...

There's a printer-friendly version of The Overcoat at this site:

http://www.classicreader.com/read.php/sid.6/bookid.2026/

But be warned, it's 17 pages!


Thanks Miss Snark

David Isaak said...

I have "Fiasco" (and others from TAL) on CD, too. It never fails to make me weep with laughter.