3.02.2006

Sporty Miss Snark?

I thought you'd be amused to hear that I was telling my husband about your blog and I mentioned the name, and he said, "Oh, yeah! Miss Snark. I hear about her all the time. She's great."

Considering my husband is a scientist working in politics who does not read fiction and we live a lot closer to Winnemucca than we do to New York, I thought this funny. Especially since I only
discovered your blog last month and I am a full-time writer. He said he's seen you mentioned on CNN, ESPN, and a variety of local and regional political blogs. Your fabulous snarkicity knows no bounds!

When you take over the world, can I still live in it?
(of course, but you have to bring the cookies)

Miss Snark is totally bewildered by the idea that ESPN would mention her snarkolicous self. She does not even own a pair of flats, let alone Keds. And, Easy Spirit commercials to the contrary, most baskbetball players aren't wearing stilettos.

Can this really be true? Has anyone else had a Snark Siting on ESPN? Or is there (peerish the thought!) another Miss Snark marauding about??

Miss Snark retires to her fainting couch with a cold compress and a tisane to recover from the very idea of breaking a sweat before noon.

15 comments:

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lizzy said...

Maybe he's thinking of these snarkish sites:

http://www.snarkbait.com/

http://dailysnark.com/2006/02/08/

http://www.squirrelsonsnark.blogspot.com/

http://www.snarkhunting.com/2003/06/

http://www.snarkasnoops.com/about.html

Corn Dog said...

I found Miss Snark referenced on the San Francisco Craigslist in the Writers' gig section. Though this isn't ESPN, it is a lot of moles with their heads in the computer.

kalbzayn said...

Funny. I read this site quite a bit and have Miss Snark on my blogroll. I also wrote an entry on my blog complaining about one of ESPN's website services a while back. Somebody found my site today from a search engine looking for miss snark and espn no doubt trying to provide an answer to how she may have been reference on ESPN.

This crazy internet thing just binds us all together.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they're sending you on a wild snark hunt?

The Beautiful Schoolmarm said...

When hunting the wild snark, remember to bring a large paper bag and don't let them run between your legs.

Anyone for a round of cow-tipping?

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

I apologize to any who were offended by my Bill E. Goat stories.

I wont post them again. It's not worth upsetting others who visit this blog.

I'll go eat dirt.

Gabriele C. said...

What's wrong with the goat stories? I like them.

Elektra said...

I love Bill E.! Post them over at the Crapometer if you won't post them here!

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Oh, well, i take it back. Miss Snark happens to like Bill E. Goat and me! So thupppp!! to the anonymous twit who posted rude comments on my blog. You don't like goat stories? Don't you be a readin' 'em.

And next time you think of scolding me on my own blog, just you be signing your name to that post, bub!

Like this:

Best regards,

Victoria Louisa Gabriella Henriette Rachael Michelle Elizabeth d'Orléans - de Vienne

See, not hard to do, and by doing that or anything else that takes your post out of the realm of the anonymous, you will be assuming a measure of social responsibility. Another big step for you would be to assume responsibility for what you read. Do you have to read a post just because it's there? Is that compulsive behavior or what? And you have to ask me not to post because you don't want to read it?

Who's responsible for what you read? Me? Since when?

Anonymous said...

Well, there's one pixie princess with a temper.

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em Sha'el.
No muzzling the goat!

mcbun said...

In Rabbitania we are quite partial to comments from Bill E. Goat. We are hoping that he may one day choose Rabbitania as a holiday destination and then write about it on Miss Snark's blog. Better publicity we could not imagine! Other, of course, than a visit by His Honorary Rabbitness, Killer Yapp. Although, in his case, the muzzle may be necessary, we will be sure to make it of pink leather, to match his tam.