4.20.2006

Sorry to pass, think of us again

Miss Snark,

I recently sent a query to an agent. About one to two weeks later I received a form rejection letter (nothing new); however, written at the bottom of this query was "sorry to be passing on this, but please try us again."

I'm fixing up my query and am going to send it again, but I want to know if this is a good sign that she took the time to actually handwrite a message to me, or am I just grasping at straws? Thank you.


This means your writing doesn't suck but this particular project didn't float their boat. No agent writes this just trying to be nice. We get enough crap that being nice doesn't even occur to us.

Do not fix up this query and resend it to them. Query new work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We get enough crap that being nice doesn't even occur to us.


And there you have it, folks. Good night, and good luck.