Right Hon. Snark,
I sent a full out to an agent about three months ago. At the time I sent it, her website said that an answer would come back on a full in three months. Between now and then, her website upped the ante to four months. It's now been changed to six. Would it be okay in this context to ask her where I stand in line, as it were, or should I just wait it out?
I don't want to pester, but six months seems an awfully long time for an answer on a requested full.
Well sure it is, if you think we actually read the things.
We use them to replace missing furniture legs; we use them as coffee tables. I use mine as a weight bench. We ignore them for as long as we can, then call in a special vacuuming service to suck out the SASE without actually disturbing the pages. Then we send you a form letter telling you that of course we read it, and sadly, alas, and to our ever lasting regret, the market is just so competitive, and really, it's such a tough world, (and we don't want to disturb the furniture), so no.
Miss Snark shakes herself like a Labrador to regain her focus.
Where was I?
Where was I?
oh yes, watching time march on.
Email her. Ask if your work is still in consideration. Mention the date you sent it. No need to actually do the math or state the obvious (you lazy slut, read this damn thing and make me an offer!)
It sounds like she bit off more than she can chew and is trying to not over promise. That sounds like a pretty good person to work with.