6.01.2006

Miss Snark is not penning a book

Your Snarkiness,

In this era of platforms and blogger book deals, surely you've been offered one yourself? Is Miss Snark's Guide to Getting an Agent (and Living to Tell The Tale) forthcoming? Would you broker the deal yourself? Would you do press interviews with a chic black veil and voice disguising apparatus?

Thanks for the grace with which you suffer nitwits,


Som very kind - but clearly addlepated - editors and agents have fired shots across Miss Snark's Canoo-dle, but so far she has resisted the siren call of fame and fortune.

Besides, this is fun. I like it. And I am the Master of my Domain Name...no one telling me to cut the prologue or spice up the dialogue. Why mess up a good thing. Besides, I'd have to clean up my language or Grandmother Snark would faint dead away...not to mention what Page Six would print about KY.

10 comments:

Jen said...

I'd buy it. (Just to add to the temptation). Do you think it would be easier to discover your identity if you did write a book?

Bonnie Calhoun said...

LOL...I think you're doing very well with your language! What a difference a year can make! :-)

Feisty said...

You know, I think you're very wise not to give up your anonymity and your freedom by penning a book.

Anonymous said...

7000 devoted snarklings hope you'll change your mind.

Anonymous said...

yes, but are you the master of your domaine? or does seeing
Clooney in your gym send you into
spasmotic convulsions of delight?

Steve said...

You actually have an insta-book at your fingertips. Twenty copies of "The Best of Miss Snark" lined up on the front table at Borders. Come on, you know you want it...who can resist the power of the Dark Side?

Bonnie Shimko said...

Leave your language as is and write the book. When Grandmother Snark gets up off the floor, you can tell her about the Mercedes her chauffeur will be driving after your first advance check arrives. With your dog-given writing talent, I doubt that an editor would mess around with your manuscript. I bet there are more than a few champing at the bit to call in a bid when the auction begins. And M. S. Krans would be a lovely pen name.

kc said...

Though I'd buy it if it came out (to show my support), I hope you never, ever, ever write this into a book. It would somehow destroy the magic we have here.

~KC, devoted Snarkling from almost the very start

SherryDecker said...

Okay, so you're content for the time being - but really - someday in your dotage, write a book. It'll sell. I'll buy it (if I'm still kicking).

jude calvert-toulmin said...

> Besides, this is fun. I like it. And I am the Master of my Domain Name...no one telling me to cut the prologue or spice up the dialogue. Why mess up a good thing.

Good thinking, Batman. Although I do think it would make a good book (said the unpublished novelist to the professional literary agent. Ark ark.)

I've got a mate who's a best selling author and whose ridiculously famous book has been made into one of the top grossing documentaries of all time, and I'm always telling him how to write. Chuckle. What a nobber. (Me, not him.)