6.01.2006

Miss Snark Thinks this one is not quite right (and not just for the list!)

O, Glorious Light Of My Blog-Run -- She Who Raises Hopes, Dashes Dreams, And
Renders Liquor Stores Out Of Stock With A Single Pen-Stroke,

The recent nitwit has become somewhat of a phenominon, causing Bauer-level comment activity on the blog. You're just a magnet for nitwittery, aren't you? I feel inspired. Would you ever, perchance, hold a contest to see who can write the most insipid, egotistical, make-you-spit-out-your-gin-bad query?

It could be an educational experience -- learning by counterexample.


And this would be different from my slush pile how?

The people who write the worst queries are the ones who don't know they are. They aren't trying to recover from recto-cranial inversion--they think it's the normal posture.

So, short answer, no. Besides..I'd have to READ them. Ew ew ew. I'd rather ....well...I'm trying hard to think of anything I'd rather do LESS and that answer approaches infinite zero.

7 comments:

Chumplet said...

I'm sure that Miss Snark is glad to leave that chore to the venerable EE.

Is the word verification just to make sure you're not drunk?

Today is my birthday. I wish for a request for a full manuscript.

Feisty said...

Yeah, but bad queries, written by generally good writers with the express purpose of being exceptionally bad, are often much funnier fodder for a blog-cannon such as yours than the normal nitwittery of low-level subbed queries.

And Chumplet, here's some wine for you. Happy B'day!

Spooks said...

Recto-cranial inversion??? I think that deserved a beverage alert.

Corn Dog said...

"They aren't trying to recover from recto-cranial inversion--they think it's the normal posture."

Sounds like they could use a cranial proctologist. My understanding is this doctor can usually extract the patient’s head from his/her ass. The procedure is sometimes not covered by insurance because the insurance company feels the patient will re-inflict the aliment within a short period of time. (see above: ”normal posture”)

jude calvert-toulmin said...

> And this would be different from my slush pile how?

Chortle :)

ColoradoGuy said...

It would make the perfect query for the next version of Atlanta Nights.

Maggie said...

Have you perchance heard of the Worst Opening Line contest at http://www.bulwer-lytton.com ? I particularly like the phrase "India, which hangs like a wet washcloth from the towel rack of Asia," - perhaps your correspondent would prefer to enter this?