Hello Ms. Snarky,
I would be pleased to send you a query letter, but I would like to know what kind of writer/material you represent.
Our script is sci-fi/adventure, meant to be an animated children's movie. If this fits what you're looking for, can you please send us instructions about sending you a query letter?
Thank you for your time.
Here are the directions for how to submit work to Miss Snark:
1. Read the directions carefully, and in their entirety before commencing.
2. Draft a cover letter. It must have the following:
your name, age, address, phone, email, and website. Your website must not have Flash on it or take longer than fifteen seconds to load. If you do not have a website, you must construct one before querying.
3. You must print your cover letter in Times New Roman, 12 point. There must be 1.1 inch margins on the left and right and 1.5 inch margins on the top and bottom. The entire cover letter must fit on one page. Do not use words longer than ten letters. If you use a word that is not in the Funk & Wagnells 1985 edition you must provide a definition in a footnote. Footnotes must be Ariel font 8 point. They can not slop over into the margins.
4. You must include a ten page writing sample. It must be pages 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, and 89.
5. You must not staple or bind the material in any way. No rope, no paper clips, binder clips or pink ribbons of any kind. You may use a rubber band but it must be a #12.
6. You must submit this to the agency on an exclusive basis, and include a notarized Certificate of Exclusivity with your submission. It must be placed between pages 13 and 21.
7. You must include an SASE. The envelope must be a #9. It must be white, with a self sealing flap. The envelope must be placed in the upper left hand corner, vertically, between your cover letter and page one of your writing sample. The first class stamp may not have hearts, flowers, bunnies, musicians, politicians or political personages depicted on the stamp. If you need help selecting the correct stamp, go to the post office. All postal employees are familiar with "SASE stamp regulations" and will be glad to help you.
8. Mail this to my office with "following blog instructions" printed prominently on the lower right hand corner. You must send it in a #12 white mailing envelope. You must use an Avery address label and print the address in 14 point Helvetica. Make sure you include my first AND last name on the address label.
9. Failure to adhere to any of these instructions is grounds for automatic rejection. If you do not hear from us within one year, assume rejection.
10. If you have any further questions, or need any further instructions, there are several posts in the Snarkives about submitting work to Miss Snark. Reading them counts as researching agents to query.