8.16.2006

#64-Bella Stander Humerus Poetry Contest

With apologies to both Robert Southey and Lewis Carroll

"You fell down, Bella Stander," the snarklings said,
"And your arm is exceedingly broke;
Yet we all continue to parody poems -
Do you think in your pain this is 'oke'?"

"I'm a critic:'said Stander, "and writer of books,
seeking nuance and pacing and theme -
'Richly textured' won't cut it. I need me a laugh,
and these puppies will do it, I deem."

"Your arm's broke:" said the snarkling, "you're needing a plate;
Yet this brouhaha makes me surmise;
though your humerus cracked, your humor did not -
Is this something you think to be wise?"

"I have found," said Ms Stander, " an enlightened way,
And I beg you to follow the path -
As I read and I ponder this ill-gotten verse,
It just doesn't hurt when I laugh."

3 comments:

M. G. Tarquini said...

My vote here.

Anonymous said...

Liked it!

Bella Stander said...

Love it!