8.16.2006

#71-Bella Stander Humerus Poetry Contest

All right, I admit it. I did it. It's true.
But you'd do it too, if you knew what I knew.



"Writing, my pet, is the name of my game,"
She said as she patted and petted my mane.



"Nay, nay, nay," I said and pretended to care.
"But I have to admit a secret, my mare."


"All that I write comes just from one place."
"It's the from the slush pile bin at Miss Snark's base."



That was it. I could take it no more.
So, I bucked and I bucked 'till her arm hit the floor.



I had to. She's bad. She stole my book:
101 Ways For A Perfect Horse Look.



Lying aground, looking at me like a darkling,
"Oh well," she said. "It could be worse; I could be an unpublished snarkling."

9 comments:

Maria said...

Okay. I like this one.

Carrie said...

Fabulous.

Talia Mana said...

cute story

Elyse said...

My Vote Here

M E Hunt said...

My vote.

Sonarbabe said...

My vote here

Anonymous said...

good one

Maria said...

my vote here.

Firle said...

I love this one. My vote here.