8.02.2006

Closing in on a million

holy spitball, batman!
The blog is at 987,000 hits.
Yikes.

That means we'll hit a million sometime in the next week.
Amazing isn't it?

In honor of your achievement let's have a roundup!

Send me your nominations for:

1. Your favorite Snarkism
2. What you like best about the blog
3. What you like least about the blog

4. Your favorite commenter
5. Your favorite nitwit of the day

And I'll post them.

You have to email your nominations. Put "A million" in the subject line.
Miss Snark's email address is
Miss . Snark at gmail . com

no spaces
@ of course not at.

You'll get a reply saying I've gotten it but it's not instant. If you email me and DO NOT hear back in 24 hours, email again.

Nominations close at 995,000 hits or Friday 8/4 at 5pm Eastern Daylight Time whichever comes FIRST.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So. When are you going to start making millions of bucks with those pop-up ads?

Miss Snark said...

Never I hope.
To quote Maud Newton "the blog is not for sale."
I like it just the way it is.

I.J.Parker said...

'To quote Maud Newton "the blog is not for sale."
I like it just the way it is.'

Well, that's one thing I like about this blog.

Bernita said...

Can't do that - just feel a profound and abiding gratitude to Miss Snark and the other commentators.
This blog is pure gold.

Julia said...

What I love about this blog is simply your no nonsense honesty.

Congratualations on the huge hit count.

Anonymous said...

I won't be voting, but want to say the blog is fantastic.

Wylie said...

I'll always love this one... "If you're trying for the nitwit sweepstakes, you have to ask if Miss Snark has a day job."

- Wylie

Bugwit Homilies said...

What's best? This blog is absolutely essential to the newbie writer.

This is the best source for information on how to get your work published. A regular um...clue dispenser? No...a tip gun? No...tip dispenser! That's it! This blog a a veritable tip dispenser for the hopeful writer!

Anyway, the whole thing is packaged in a literate, humorous, hmm...what's a good word here...curmudgeonly? No...sarcastic? Not exactly... well, I'm sure there's a good word to describe Miss Snark's sharp wit, but I can't come up with it.

Dave Kuzminski said...

I believe the term you're searching for is snarky.

Feisty said...

Hey, LJ Parker, you still with Crit Club? Email me off the blog, will ya?

jude calvert-toulmin said...

> holy spitball, batman!
The blog is at 987,000 hits.
Yikes.

That means we'll hit a million sometime in the next week.
Amazing isn't it?


It's brilliant :) Congrats Miss Snark. Pour yourself a stiff gin, put your feet up, and smile at the moon, for you have earnt the right to feel smug :) You're a gem, thank you for all your hard work.