8.14.2006

Contest: First (and last) Bella Stander Get Humerus Poetry Contest

Contest: Let's see if we can make Bella Stander laugh so hard she forgets her injuries.

Rules: Haiku in the 5/7/5 format, limerick or poem. Pithy one liners considered.
Emailed to Miss Snark

miss . snark at gmail. com
no spaces

all entries acknowledged.

prizes of course, but only mailed to people IN the United States.

Contest opens NOW, Monday, 8/14 at 10:48 pm EDT.
Closes Wed 8/16 at 10:48 pm EDT

Extra prizes if you make Miss Snark laugh so hard she ruins her keyboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. I'm confused. The rules call for haiku. Yet you are reprinting limericks. Presumably there is an explanation for this in the snarkives, yes?

MISS SNARK: Send me A, you gits. A, not B. A!

SNARKLINGS: Here's my lovely B!

MISS SNARK: Excellent, just what I asked for! Now send me more A!

A Reader said...

Dear Anon 1, it says:
Rules: Haiku in the 5/7/5 format, limerick or poem. Pithy one liners considered.
-------
I hope Bella Stander gets better!

Feisty said...

Who the heck is Bella Stander? That's all I want to know.

Megs said...

Rules: Haiku in the 5/7/5 format, limerick or poem. Pithy one liners considered.

Ah. These must have been added on edit, because the post I got via RSS feed only refers to haiku. Hence, the confusion of many when doggerel began streaming through.

JerseyGirl said...

Feisty,

I Googled her name. She has a blog here: http://www.readingunderthecovers.blogspot.com/

She's a freelance writer and editor who injured her arm (hence the "humerus" twist on the name of the contest).

~Nancy