Give me some of your thoughts on refining the crapometer stuff.
I know we're not going to do 100 again. Probably 50 in 3 days is my limit.
We're not going to do them at the very end of August again either. I sort of forgot that getting ready to go back to work would take more than five minutes.
If you've got any ideas, I'll be glad to hear them.
Meanwhile, I have to go sell something.
Some very good suggestions have rolled in. Thank you for those.
Here are some points to consider:
1. No this wasn't supposed to be fun. Reading slush isn't fun, getting your query letter eviscerated isn't fun. This is akin to KY learning to walk on busy city streets. Not fun at all but a good skill to have so you can get to the park and supervise the squirrel war.
2. We aren't going to do this once a week. Have you all lost your pea pickin minds?
3. I'm not going to charge you money for it. A couple people emailed with that idea. I appreciate the sentiment but ..yanno..no.
4. I can't screen stuff. Screening is almost more work than posting or commenting.
Ideas I like a lot:
1. Posting without comments first, let you guys take a swing, see what you think of it, then post a snarked version. I may in fact do that on the next 25. (If you're one of the 25 and you object you should email me).
2. Requiring a pass word/code in the subject line that would indicate you'd read the instructions and weren't quite the newbie dewbie do that thought Mrs Nark lived here at Snark Central.
As to fictional novels, I may have to cut you some slack. I got a press release today from a publisher and by dog,"fiction novels" was one of the things they published. I was laughing so hard KY admonished me since he had a hard time stalking the pigeons with so much guffawing going on.