10.31.2006

Red Letter Writing Contest #34

"So, what is a Dragoon?" old man Strauss said, head cocked to a shoulder.

"A noble retainer to the Secret Order of Snarx," the squire prince puffed his chest, "a cabal of slayers devoted to disrupting those disreputable sorts who seek enterprise over valor."

"Thieves?"

"Indeed. The worst sort, duping the hopeful for their golds. Deplorable."

"Indeed, indeed. But why enlist?"

"Crisp sleeves and fluffed frills are nere enough for one such as I. Greater horizons await after the battle, and the good it does. For that, I face an uncertain future as a Dragoon."

"Then I doubly honored the have your acquaintance."

"Indeed."


Secret order of Snarx!! Does it come with fries?? I'm calling for takeout now!

6 comments:

Dave said...

More like a Burger King super stacker with six beef patties, cheese between them each, bacon, a fried chicken wing, on a lightly toasted whole wheat bun (for wellness purposes) that someone coated in batter and deep fried. Shove a stick in it and listen to your arteries clog.

And Fried coke for a beverage.

Chumplet said...

We like to call such a meal Coronary Club.

Southern Writer said...

Makes me want to enlist, too. Is there a secret milkshake - I mean handshake?

Dave said...

chocolate milkshake, of course

Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I want a milkshake, too!

GutterBall said...

...Is it bad that I'm curious as to what a Fried Coke would taste like?