10.31.2006

Red Letter Writing Contest #8

Sang to the tune of the theme song from Fresh Prince of Bell Aire...Will Smith



Now this is a story all about how
The identity of Miss Snark was almost found
I climbed out from the rubble of my house
Clad in red sneakers and my Levi Strauss
When a cabal of Munchkins pointed me down a path
And for a small retainer they lent me Killer Yapp

I followed the yellow bricks; I would get there soon
But then a wicked witch came with an army of dragoons
She said her name was Babs, and when I came near
She tried to charge a fee and I shuddered with fear

A crisp wind blew; it came in from the West
A good witch named Kristin, one of the best
She took email queries with a smile on her face
Then she threatened Babs with a can of mace

Kristin gave advice, she was very wise
She warned I was on a losing enterprise
Thanking her kindly, I was on my way
Off to find the Wizard, come what may

And when I found the castle I just stepped inside
“Don’t be a nitwit” a booming voice cried
And off in the corner, beneath a curtain I could see
Was that a pair of red stilettos? It couldn’t be.

“Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain”
It was the Wizard of Snark, I was almost certain.
Killer Yap bit my leg…he wouldn’t let go
Pulled myself free, I just had to know.

Who was this Wizard of Snark you may ask.
When I pulled back the curtain all I found was a flask!



I love that show!
I adore Will Smith!

6 comments:

GutterBall said...

Heh, while the show was great, I prefer "Nightmare on My Street" or "Parents Just Don't Understand". Heh, I'm a child of the '80s! What can I say?

The Unpretentious Writer said...

This has got to be one of the most awesome things I think I've ever seen.

McKoala said...

Flask o' gin?

Southern Writer said...

Will Smith is hot. Nice job.

Sam said...

LOL - love this!!

Joycie said...

Mckoala-of course the flask is filled with gin! :o) I should have specified.