10.31.2006

Ripped from the headlines of New York Mag

I kinda like these questions to Jared Kushner!

Here's my version:


Name: Miss Snark
Age: Don't ask, I'm not telling
Job: Heartbreaker, dealmaker, dogwalker
Neighborhood: as far as the eye can see

Favorite New Yorker, living or dead: Alexander Hamilton

Best meal in NY: the first pizza I ever ate in New York, from a place in the far reaches of Brooklyn. I had no idea..none, that pizza could be this good.

In one sentence, what do you actually DO all day in your job: Read, write, sell dreams

Where do you get your coffee: intravenously from the deli

What's the last thing you saw on Broadway: Wicked

Do you give money to panhandlers: no, only musicians

What's your drink: gin from the pail

How often do you prepare your own meals: never

What's hanging above your sofa: the New York skyline

How much do you spend on a haircut: $25

When's bed time: never soon enough

Brunch: pro or con? con

What's your thread count? no idea

What do you hate most about living in New York? Let's just say no one moved to New York for the weather

What's your brand of jeans? black

When's the last time you drove a car? 2001

Who should be the next President? Someone who has had at least one real job in the last 20 years that didn't involve a government issued paycheck.

Times, Post or Daily News: Times

Yankees or Mets? Yankees

What makes someone a New Yorker: Realizing you love it so much you'll never leave

10 comments:

Brady Westwater said...

Anyone who admires Alexander Hamilton is aces with me. I rarely go a few months without dipping into the Federalist Papers.

Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Ah, New York pizza. There's a guy here (LA) who opened up a pizza shop and wouldn't make his dough unless it was imported water from the pipes of New York!

Cathy in AK said...

New York pizza...sigh... It took me over 20 years to find something close, in AK no less! But it's just close, not the real thing. I have to wait until I can get back home to have the real stuff. I miss you Drago's!!!!

Elina said...

Gross, Miss Snark is a Yankees fan. That's so bridge and tunnel!

The Unpretentious Writer said...

MS, NYC may be TBK*, and pizza is pizza, but you need to come on down south to Philly!

There is no concept of Heaven, to she who has not had a cheesesteak.

*The Bee's Knees

Southern Writer said...

I can't imagine not driving for five years. That must be weird.

Miss Snark said...

I live in NYC! Lots of folks don't drive at all here!

Anonymous said...

I loved it so much, but I left anyway. Stoo-pid, stoo-pid, stoo-pid!! And now I have to drive - blech.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm beginning to think that Miss Snark may be of the male persuasion. (Don't laugh -- some guys look great in stilettos.) Who else could get a haircut in NYC for $25? (I'm pretty sure Jean Louis David's women's cuts are even pricier than that!)

~Nancy said...

I can't imagine not driving for five years.

Heh. My sister-in-law lived in New York for over 20 years and didn't have a car. There's so many different types of transportation available - cab, subway, bus, car service - that it wasn't necessary. Oh, she walked around A LOT. Feet come in very handy in NYC :-).

And Miss Snark is a Yankees fan! Yahoo!

~JerseyGirl