11.28.2006

Oh my!

Dear Ms. Snark,
Wow, Miss Snark is more popular than the entire NBCC Board of Directors!

I tried to post the following short expression of my gratitude on the site but couldn't seem to do it without opening a Blogger account. Please feel free to use or ignore this as you like:

Miss Snark is More Powerful Than the NBCC Board of Directors!

Wow! I've had hundreds of responses to last week's lovely post on Critical Mass, the blog for the NBCC board, about my discovery that Mitch Albom is writing at a third-grade level. But the number of visitors from Miss Snark had hit hit four digits before I even logged on this morning. Miss Snark's fans have helped to make One-Minute Book Reviews one of the 10 most popular WordPress blogs in the world for Tuesday, Nov. 28 (out of a total half million blogs) http://botd.wordpress.com/?lang=en

Perhaps Miss Snark should give awards the way the NBCC does -- the Snark Awards? -- to boost the sales of worthy authors who didn't make the short list for other prizes? In any case, thanks a million to all of you.

Jan Harayda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WitLiz Today said...

Ok, this is the second time I'm writing this. The first time, I forgot to sign in.

Please take note Ms Harayda, because the first time through I was very eloquent. Well, that's gone with the damn wind, so I'm afraid you're stuck with the second try:

Great blog! I vely much enjoyed reading it. My compliments.

Thank you so much for taking the time,

WitLiz Yada

PS: The second try yielded a redundancy. See if you can spot it.

Bill Peschel said...

I put 1MBR on my bloglines account after clicking through from Miss Snark's site. It's a great concept! I wonder how many more book review sites I've missed.

BuffySquirrel said...

Dear Ms. Snark? And you let them live?

(could someone pls remove these electrodes?)

inherwritemind1 said...

"Miss Snark's fans have helped to make One-Minute Book Reviews one of the 10 most popular WordPress blogs in the world for Tuesday, Nov. 28 (out of a total half million blogs) http://botd.wordpress.com/?lang=en"

Way to go, Miss Snark!

~Nancy said...

Too cool. :-)

But what the heck is the NBCC? Googling it turns up a ton of hits (National Breast Cancer Council, New Brunswick Community College, etc.).

~JerseyGirl

Michiko Kakutani said...

National Book Critics Circle

bookcritics.org

Anonymous said...

The pen IS mighter than the sword.

~Nancy said...

Thanks, Michiko.

~JerseyGirl