12.30.2006

HH Com 667

When one person’s Reality shifts, everything changes to accommodate it, which means sometimes people were never even born. When Kevin Nichols’ Reality disappears, he finds himself in a house that is not his home, missing a wife he never met, unknown by friends and co-workers. He shouldn’t exist in this version of Reality.
And he’s not alone.
Kevin wants his Reality back. He’ll do anything to reclaim it. What if that means killing the woman he loves? What if he’s wrong?

Well, reality bites, it's true.

Not specific enough to hook my interest.

7 comments:

Michele said...

Why did Kevin's reality shift? Was it something he was doing? A result of his meeting someone? Or some sinister plot he needs to uncover?

You hint at important choice in your hook.... that he might have to kill the woman he loves. Perhaps you can play that up?

dana p said...

Wow, this looks like a hard concept to pull off. But in spite of that, and the vagueness of the hook, there's something here I find appealing. Maybe it's this: Kevin wants his Reality back. Capital-R Reality, LOL. I like it, and I'd read more.

A Paperback Writer said...

Okay, so it's not good enough for Miss Snark. But I'm interested. So fix it up, will you? I wanna find out what happens!

murm said...

this is not my beautiful house!

this is not my beautiful wife!

sorry, i couldn't help it.

Anonymous said...

Sorta like Nicolas Cage in "Family Man".

j.c.

John Urbancik said...

Thanks for the comments!

Dana: it took almost 10 years to write this book. Not the actual writing part; from concept to putting word one on paper, almost ten years, partly because I didn't think I was up to the book and partly because I didn't have the right setting. (It's set in Sydney; living there for a couple of years made that possible.)

The first draft is finished, and I plan to get into revision by the end of January. I'm very happy with the story, but apparently I need to work some more on the hook.

Thanks, everyone, and Ms. Snark, for your comments!

Twill said...

The story sounds intriguing to me. Good luck, writer.