1. Everyone who is getting numbers, has them. No more re-sends, questions, resubmits. This thing has ballooned past sanity and there has to be a stopping point. That point is now. Don't email me to complain it's unfair. I don't care.
2. No comments that are cruel without being helpful in the comment trail. Leave the snarking to the professionals. Threee of you are already on auto reject for string of comments that are just plain mean spirited. Stop it.
3. We MIGHT get through 50 a day. There are 588 unposted hooks. You can do the math. That means if I asked you for pages you'll have some time to send them.
4. People who are asked for pages get an email asking for pages. Thats the ONLY way you know you're being asked for pages. If you don't get an email asking, don't send them. I keep track. When we get to the pages review I'll email you again if I haven't received yours.
5. yes, we are going to do this differently if we ever do it again. I had no idea we'd get this much. I even laid money on it. Not only am I inundated..I have to pay off my wagers.
6. Please don't email me about anything right now. One person wanted me to search the Snarkives for her. As if. I'm obviously never going to do that, but I'm not even responding to emails right now. They all get tucked in a little folder that says "expiration date soon".
7. Lest you think this is some sort of martyrdom, let me assure you I"m learning quite a lot. I teach classes at writers conferences and it's really helpful to me to have to talk about what's good/bad works/doesn't in these. When I do my slush it's form letters. This helps me out so yea, I'm glad it helps you too but it's not a one way street.
8. The missing numbers are people who withdrew or when I lost count. Well that's the public explanation anyway. It's more like platform 9-3/4. Only the really gifted people can see the entries. What..you can't?? hmmmm