1.10.2007

Full service agency--you betcha

Dear Miss Snark,

I’m the guy that wrote recently about a “partial date” and “full date” with a literary agent. We did end up going out on a “full date”. I didn’t realize literary agents are so limber, but never mind all that.

Anyway, we had an intense but brief relationship. She dragged me all over town and introduced me to her family and friends. And then she suddenly dumped me. She said none of her family or friends had a sufficient level of enthusiasm for me. She said I’m a nice guy but I’m not viable in today’s market.

Then I met some bimbo agent named Babs. I thought well why not, and so I asked her out. I found out Babs the bimbo is the queen of vanity. She presses me to take her to the most expensive places and spend wads of cash on her. And not to be too crude, but even though she promises me amazing rewards I never get anything in return.

Should I give up on literary agents and start dating publishing company editors?


Yes.
Here are some very good choices.

7 comments:

Brady Westwater said...

Drool.... pant... pant.... pant...

Mackan said...

Erhm. My editor lookes nothing like that. I guess I have to talk to my publisher about that...

(My editor is a he, which gives him way lower points, in my book)

Chumplet said...

Show us the guys again! Show us! Show us!

lizzie26 said...

Yeah!! What about the guys? There were five of 'em. Count them! Five!!!

Michele said...

Liz is not only pretty, but she's the nicest lady. I met her at a conference last year.

Maybe one day if I'm lucky, she'll be my editor.

One can dream...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd sleep with Lurch if I thought I could get my book published. No, I take that back, I'd sleep with 5 Lurches at the same time and toss in Herman Munster and a few winos to boot....
MJC http:www.thebookperfectdress.com

All it takes is a good corner and a good pimp...maybe not even a pimp, just a good corner.
Anonymous #2
P.S. No cross dressers and no women.

Anonymous said...

I'm the dude that wrote the letter. I asked out a publishing company editor, but she's not one of the hot babes for whom you provided the link. I figured if it doesn't go well I'd hate to implicate one of those cuties. Anyway, we have a date this weekend. I'll write in a week or so and report back on how it all goes. Wish me luck!