3.23.2007

IOM #30

Litjitzu Ninjas sizzled down rappelling ropes and onto the roof, still tacky and soft from a day of Sun; yet another fickle star that recently left the Apple for L.A.

Franzensan raised a handsignal and the helicopter lopped away, trailing ropes beneath it like slackened Mosquito legs.

Chabonsan lingered, fascinated by the snazzy granite griffin on the roofline. Franzensan snapped and they both tiptoed light enough to stand on moonbeam itself.

Dan Lazar snapped awake. "Who's there?"

"Ghost of Rejections Past," said the darkness.

"That's a reach."

"So, I'm a reacher. Now, admit your e-mail rejection is an Outlook autoresponse."


Oh dear dog, this is wonderful!!!!
Franzensan!
Chabonsan!!
!!!

5 comments:

Heatherlynne said...

Let me guess -- A section of your 2006 Nanowrimo novel (where you ran out of plot and inserted the Ninjas) rewritten to fit entry requirements. Am I right or am I right?

Chris said...

That's an impressive amount of story in a 100 words. I love the style. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Litjitsu Ninjas!

B-rilliant!

A Paperback Writer said...

I don't understand half of it, but I'm still amused! :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

This is hilarious.