3.29.2007

oh please, spare me

Aside from the obvious entertainment and means-to-vent value, don't you
think it's wrong to give all these dolts false hope? Seriously. You could at
least tell them to try revising their faulty query letters and MSS, instead
of just saying "query early and often."



Query "early"?
If I ever said that, please tell me you scented the sardonic dripping.

And who am I to tell someone they are dolts?
There's a LOT of stuff that sells MILLIONS of copies that is complete and utter trash.

I know enough to know that what's not right for me can be just what someone else is looking for.

Don't confuse my ability to point out your nitwittery with the idea I think I know it all. I don't know it all. I just know a helluva lot more than you.

8 comments:

Dave said...

Listen to interviews and anecdotes from editors, book publishers, actors, and others who tell stories of books, scripts, songs, etc... they passed over that later became hits, best sellers, academy award winning movies.

nitwitness said...

Is SammyK off the wagon again?

katiesandwich said...

Miss Snark, I hope you never stop giving this dolt "false hope."

Anonymous said...

i agree with this post--not everybody should write books, just like not everybody should paint or perform triple bypasses or negotiate hostage crises.

Anonymous said...

Of all the people who actually do give the "dolts" so much false hope, I've always thought Miss Snark has the ability to bring the "dolts" back to reality.

ORION said...

Hmmm...
A debut writer over 50 years old.
Never been published...
She lives all the way in Hawaii for Dog's sake!
Whatever you do -- don't encourage her...

Anonymous said...

At what point should Ray Bradbury and C.S. Lewis, two of many with the same sad story, have stopped? After 100 rejections? 200 rejections? 500 rejections? 799 rejections? Maybe you stopped at ten. Or maybe you got lucky at ten. If the latter it HAD to be luck, judging by your question.

doltfencemein said...

This dolt just landed a great agent in New York. I know a Manic Dolt who also landed a superb agent recently. And another dolt I know has good news busting at the seams. And Orion?? Do a little homework on her, Clueless Maximus. Head to her blog and then her web site and maybe even pop into PM and run her name. Make sure you're sitting down pallie. We're like a Far Side cartoon: "DOLTS OF AMERICA UNTIE!"