3.31.2007

Pub Creds...zombie topic

Miss Snark:

Thank you for everything you do for aspiring writers. I have just recently completed my first novel and am preparing my query letter. A couple of years ago I wrote a book of ghost stories for a regional publisher. It is still available and makes me a little royalty check twice a year.

My novel is in a different genre. Should I mention my short story book in the query? Is it important to show that I have been published even if it is very different? I am proud of being published, but the style is not representative of the book I am querying.

Hope I'm not a nit wit!


Yes
Yes
No

Of course you mention this! It's earning money, for starters, and that's a persuasive thing in my book. You can write in your query letter exactly what you said here.

And no, you aren't even in the nitwit ballpark, sorry. You'll have to try harder next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's with all this aspiring author shit? Get a nose job and stop aspiring. It's embarrassing.