4.15.2007

Damn you MJ Rose!

Dateline: Friday 4/13
Time: 11pm
Location: Snark Central
Miss Snark SHOULD be sleeping
Miss Snark IS reading.


Dateline: Saturday 4/14
Time: 6am
Location: Snark Central
Miss Snark SHOULD be en route to writing conference
Miss Snark IS sleeping with book on face, spectacles on nose, light on.


Dateline: Saturday 4/14
Time: 7pm
Location: Snark Central
Miss Snark SHOULD be working after being late to writing conference and not getting any queries answered.
Miss Snark IS reading.



Dateline: Sunday 4/15
Time: 8am
Location: pew at St. Patrick's
Miss Snark SHOULD be polishing her halo
Miss Snark IS thinking about polishing off The Reincarnationist



Dateline: Sunday 4/15
Time: 12noon
Location: Snark Central
Miss Snark SHOULD be en route to Grandmother Snark's for Sunday dinner
Miss Snark IS reading



Dateline: Sunday 4/15
Time: 6:02pm
Location: Snark Central
Miss Snark SHOULD be writing MJ Rose a nice thank you note for the copy of her forthcoming book The Reincarnationist.
Miss Snark IS printing up warning labels:

The Reincarnationist
(Mira Books: Sept. 2007)
DANGER!
COMPELLING SUSPENSE NOVEL!
OPEN ONLY AFTER YOU'VE CLEARED YOUR TO DO LIST.

13 comments:

wannabe_nitwit said...

*sigh*

SHOULD be studying for exams next week.

IS reading (The Castle in the Forest...amazing book)


damn reading.

Anonymous said...

Miss Snark, please stop recommending great books. Please, I beg you! My to-read list is already far too long. Looks like yet another book to stick on my Amazon wishlist.

David J. Montgomery said...

So true, oh Snarky One.

I loved that book.

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh sure, tell us about it MONTHS before we can get our grimy little hands on it...... Fine. Some friend you are.
Oh yeah, and EVERY time I pick up Connie Willis' Doomsday Book (which I've now read about 7 times), I have to make sure my schedule is cleared because I will read the dang thing without sleeping until I finish.

Chumplet said...

I did laundry. And wrote a chapter.

Cathy in AK said...

Now this is a recommendation I will follow through on. Thanks!

And paperback writer, I completely understand about Doomsday. Connie Willis is amazing.

Dave said...

IN case you have to read a blurb:
http://www.thedeadlyseven.com/author-rose.html
Or even just this (and look for the title)
http://www.thedeadlyseven..com/

M. G. Tarquini said...

Grandmother Snark says:

You could have made it, dearie, had you hidden the book inside your church bulletin.

Shots said...

More books like this please, writers of the world. Proper stories that I can't put down instead of intellectual posturing that I buy but don't read. Take me to the edge of what I can stand, then a little further. Make me think, worry and feel. My to do list can die, the tax officer can wait for his return, and my bills will get paid, eventually...

I'll be buying this one.

Nee S. said...

As my dear hubby would say, "Don't SHOULD all over yourself!"

It sounds like what you were reading was worth not doing those other things.

Judy Schneider said...

Miss Snark, please send me your ARC, A.S.A.P.! If you do, I promise to buy two hardcover copies the week the real thing comes out! I am in need of a read that doesn't beg me to drop it in the recycle bin before page 50.

P.S. I know you can't legally pass along the ARC, but if you'll make this one exception, I'd appreciate it. No one will know, double pinky-swear.

Miss Snark said...

I can do anything I want with an ARC, legally speaking. There's a lot of misunderstanding about that. It says "not for sale" but in fact, the book was a gift from MJ Rose to moi and legally that makes it mine mine mine. I can set it on fire in Times Square while dancing with the Naked Cowboy if I wanted.

Realistically, I'm going to give it to someone here in NYC to read cause I'm not going anywhere near a post office this week.

Judy Schneider said...

Miss Snark, thanks for the info regarding ARCs and what you can do with them (although a friend of mine purchased a book on eBay that had the ARC seal, so I guess there are illegal goings-on all around us).

I'm sorry I won't be the recipient of your gift book, especially now that I know it's legal. If you do decide to do the book burning thing with the Naked Cowboy, do let us know. That would be worth an unplanned trip to NYC!