What to say after you say hello:
1. What are you reading now that you love?
2. How did you get started agenting? Do you love it?
3. Is this your first time here (if it's not in NYC)
Do you have a place you like to tell everyone to see here in NYC?
4. What was your favorite book as a kid?
5. May I buy you a drink?
Things NOT to say:
1. What advice can you give me?
2. Are you having a good time?
3. You look tired.
4. Can I show you my manuscript/query letter/pages?
5. I know I'm not supposed to do/say this but....
6. Can I have lunch with you?
7. You rejected me but...
8. I sent you a query/email. Do you remember...
9. Remember me?