4.07.2007

Rejecting requests

Dear Miss Snark,

I'm still pinching myself; the unbelievable has happened and at any moment, Rod Serling will come out and tell me that I'm dead or something.

Anyways, I've landed an agent in record time and have politely notified other agents currently reviewing partials and fulls. My question is: Should I notify agents in the e-query stage that I've signed? I'm getting bombarded with requests, and believe it or not, I actually feel bad rejecting them.

I've earned hundreds of rejections over the years. I certainly can take it, but can I dish it out?

Hopefully, I won't have to endure the sting of an editor's rejection--that would really hurt.


All you have to do is respond politely to the people who ask you for partials or fulls. You don't have to send an email to everyone you queried.

Don't feel bad. Give $20 to the next street musician you like and you've squared up your karmic load.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your way of squaring up your karmic load!

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog