4.08.2007

speaking of oddball email requests

Hi Miss Snark,

I heard the 24/7 gin pail delivery was shut down in the New York area, so I hope you're coping well.

You occasionally post messages with the tag "Miss Snark is amused", which made me wonder. Do you and Killer Yap enjoy April Fool's Day? Has KY ever hidden your slush pile or did you ever pretend the cat of an agent friend would come to stay, requiring KY to share his bed or wherever he sleeps?

By the way, people at Wikipedia get the weirdest questions. Just now, I came across some oddball with the username Gclooney who was asking for your email address there.



Thankfully my email address is published in sixty gazillion places and any incoming email with the name "clooney" triggers a mail rule audio buzzer and flashing light when it arrives.

Killer Yapp is far too cerebral for practical jokes. He prefers puns. In Latin:
veni, vidi, video

I came,
I saw,
I cammed

9 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Hey Miss Snark, did you and KY celebrate Easter by chasing bunnies? It might be a nice change from killer squirrels....

BenPanced said...

veni, vidi, vichyssoise

I came. I saw. I had cold potato soup.

Anonymous said...

I was on the job for three days when my new boss ordered me to write a monthly progress report.

My report was: Veni, Vedi, Essi.
(I came. I saw. I ate.)

She not only understood. She sent me a page long critique explaining why this did not contain any useful details and asked me to flesh out the menu choices and my engineering evaluation of each option.

Good boss. Good times.

- Edward

Anonymous said...

veni, vidi, velcro

I came.
I saw.
I stuck around.

Anonymous said...

Does KY know this one?

Semper ubi sub ubi

always where under where

(Better known as, "always wear underwear")

A Paperback Writer said...

And don't forget the well-used but still really good:
veni, vidi, visa
I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.

(I take no credit for this; it's very old.)
anon, I like the veni, vide, velcro -- very good.

SAND STORM said...

I think its supposed to be Veni, Vidi, Latte...:)

Elektra said...

Have just gotten this!

Sorry...'video' actually means 'I see' in Latin, and I just couldn't figure out where the joke was! Ah, to be quick-witted...

Laura said...

I feel it's my duty as a Latinist (maybe I should have a clue catapult?) to point out that 'vidi' and 'video' are actually the same word ('vidi' is the perfect active indicative form of the verb, whereas 'video' is the present active indicative form of the verb). So essentially the KY has come, has seen, and is seeing.